Setting is the core of every climbing gym, and the setting team helps raise the community to the next level. We believe in investing time into our routesetters, you will have the benefit of being trained by an Internationally experienced routesetter.
Climb Base5 is also home to a very successful Youth and Open team program, this comes with opportunity to set for National and even some International Athletes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create routes that both inspires but also teach the Climb Base 5 customers
- Create a routesetting product that works for high performance athletes
- You will be expected to push yourself not only as a route setter but also as a climber
- Create and maintain a safe work environment
- 5 years climbing experience
- 2 years setting experience in a commercial facility
- Comfortable forruning 5.12-/v5 three days in a row preferred but not required
- Competition climbing/setting experience preferred
- Must be able to set at both the Coquitlam and North Vancouver location
- Monday 8am-4pm, Coquitlam
- Tuesday 8am-4pm, Location based on weekly schedule
- Wednesday 8am-4pm, North Vancouver
- Occasional extra time/different days (weekends included) for special events
Reports to: Director of Routesetting
Starts as soon as possible.
Send applications to Simon Parton (email@example.com)
- Flexible work schedule
- Enjoys working with new climbers of all ages
- Climbing privileges included
If you’re interested in belaying:
- Weekday availability preferred /
- Must be Top rope belay certified at CB5, and have a minimum of 3 months belay experience
In general here are some traits we look for:
- You’re a team-player and looking to work with a happy and fun team.
- You’re client-oriented and enjoy working with people to provide great service.
- You’re passionate about climbing, whether just beginning or been doing it for years, and want to share this passion with others.
- You’re organized, presentable, and not scared of using computers.