The Route Setter will be responsible for creating awesome boulders and routes for our Coquitlam gym. Not only are we looking for someone hard working, you have to be dedicated, passionate, safety conscience, and love what you do… Applicants must love to take on challenges, be open to learning new skills and be an amazing team player!
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend all pre-determined setting days (Currently Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 7am-3pm)
- Arrive ready and willing to work hard and go above and beyond
- Adhere to the guidance and suggestions from the head setter
- Implement a self-care routine so that you can stay healthy
- Keep up your fitness to meet the demand of setting 3 days per week
**Please still apply if you don’t have the following yet**
- ACMG CGI 1
- Current Emergency First Aid
- Must be comfortable with heights and working on ladders (Training will be provided)
- Physically demanding work (Must be able to lift 50lbs)
- Must work well within a team setting
- Be physically fit and able to demonstrate climbing at a 12+/V7 Onsight level
- Must have at least 1 year of route setting experience
- Extensive indoor and outdoor rock-climbing knowledge and experience
- Ability to create exciting routes and problems week to week
Our Front Desk staff are not only great customer service representatives, they are climbers, risk management officers, climbing instructors, belay specialists, and more! We value outgoing, friendly, confident and capable people with varied backgrounds and skill-sets. Reliability, attention-to-detail, follow-through, initiative and leading by example are valued criteria for our staff. Applicants should enjoy climbing in any form and must enjoy working in a family friendly environment. Climbing experience, enthusiasm, and the willingness to learn are required!
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Possess fundamental climbing skills; ability to belay, tie a figure-8 knot
- Demonstrate confidence, assertiveness and leadership when working with children
- Provide a safe climbing environment by enforcing gym policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Be a multi-tasking machine!
- Answer phones, take messages, schedule parties/groups, register students/participants for classes/clinics/events, delegate
- Maintain a clean and organized gym environment for all patrons and staff
- Operate cash flow and computerized point-of-sale (POS) system
- Maintain knowledge of gym programs and products
Regular Part-time, between 20-30 hours per week. Weekday & Weeknight shifts are desired. Having Weekend availability is a must.
Starting pay: Minimum wage to $17/hour (to commensurate with experience).
- Have a strong work ethic, be efficient and able to work on a reliable schedule.
- Have a positive attitude, be quick problem solvers, and work well with others.
- Be willing to learn and further develop and improve customer service and overall climbing skills.
- CB5 is willing to train high value candidates.
- Be able to perform manual labor, including working at height. Be comfortable with lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
- Criminal Record check and Emergency First Aid are required.
North Vancouver – To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Charlotte@climbbase5.com or deliver in person to Climb Base5 North Vancouver during business hours. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
In general here are some traits we look for:
- You’re a team-player and looking to work with a happy and fun team.
- You’re client-oriented and enjoy working with people to provide great service.
- You’re passionate about climbing, whether just beginning or been doing it for years, and want to share this passion with others.
- You’re organized, presentable, and not scared of using computers.