UPDATE – Climb Base 5 athletes reached the finals in six out of the eight categories at the Youth Boulder Nationals, including Mika Hosoi and Connor Jones who took top spot in their respective categories!
See below for results of our athletes. Full results can be found here.
- Mika Hosoi – 1st (Finals)
- Sophie Buitendyk – 3rd (Finals)
- Chloe Earle – 4th (Finals)
- Adrian Kask – 5th (Finals)
- Hayden Jones – 8th (Semi-Finals)
Youth A Girls
- Brielle Zacharias – 16th (Semi-Finals)
Youth A Boys
- Ben Newman – 6th (Finals)
- Nathan Head – 21st (Qualifiers)
Youth B Girls
- Sonya Colliander – 3rd (Finals)
- Maki Koci – 6th (Finals)
- Emi Takashiba – 9th (Semi-Finals)
- Eladee Jamieson – 33rd (Qualifiers)
- Alana Titerle – 37th (Qualifiers)
Youth B Boys
- Ethan Hoffman – 5th (Finals)
- Jaxson Macdonald – 16th (Semi-Finals)
- Finn Grathwol = 29th (Qualifiers)
Youth C Boys
- Connor Jones – 1st (Finals)
Youth C Girls
- Nora Roos – 18th (Semi-Finals)
February 19th – Délire Escalade – AM Categories B & C
February 19th – Délire Escalade – PM Categories: Youth A and Junior
14 February 2018: In a few days, Canada’s best and brightest youth climbers will be descending on Quebec City from February 17-19 for The North Face Youth Boulder National Championships. Of the 220 athletes expected to compete, Climb Base5 will be represented by eighteen of its youth team athletes in every category!
In preparation and to help with their training, our route-setters set comp simulation boulders which will remain on our Tsunami Wall until early March. Come try them out before they’re gone!
Held for the first time in the city of Québec, the Championships is the highest bouldering competition at a national level sanctioned by Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC). Hosted by Delire Escalade in their Ste-Foy gym, athletes between the ages of 12 & 19 from across Canada will compete in the categories of: Youth C (from ages 12-13), B (14-15), A (16-17), and Junior (18-19).
2018 will be a big year for the youth climbers. Not only will the International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC) 2018 Youth World Climbing Championship be held at Vancouver Island’s Boulders Climbing Gym from August 14-22, athletes will also be setting their sights on the 2018 Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires, Argentina from October 6-18 where sport climbing will mark its debut.