We will be closing both the North Vancouver and Coquitlam location until further notice. The safety and well-being of our employees and community is our primary concern for the COVID-19 pandemic.
The burden on the facility is overwhelming and the lasting implications are unknown. It’s clear we cannot manage this challenge alone. We rely on reoccurring income to provide for our structures and our team. With your support we will continue to learn, grow and inspire, and to keep our community healthy and connected. Please visit this link for ways to support us and our dedicated staff during this time of crisis.
18 March 2020
For current members and pass holders, here are changes to billing as a result of our gym closures.
- We value the commitment, and trust you place in us by purchasing a prepaid membership. As part of our commitment to you, we will automatically be extending Prepaid memberships by the length of time we are closed. No action is needed on your part to receive this extension.
EFT Credit Card Members
- We will be putting billing on hold while we are closed. That means you will not be receiving a membership charge from us on March 17th. No further action is required on your part. More information on future billings will be announced when we reopen.
EFT PAD (Pre-Authorized Debit) Members
- Due to the rapidly changing events surrounding Covid-19, we could not predict we would have to temporarily close. Unfortunately, due to the nature of pre-paid debit, PAD memberships have already been processed, and PAD members will be billed this month as usual on March 17th. We will be crediting this month’s payment to go towards PAD member’s next active month. Nothing needs to be done on your part to receive this credit. PAD members will not be billed again until we reopen. More information on future billings will be announced when we reopen.
Punch Pass Memberships
- As part of our commitment to you, we will be automatically extending the expiration on all Punch Passes by the length of time we are closed. No action is needed on your part to receive this extension.
16 March 2020
We will be closing both the North Vancouver and Coquitlam location until further notice. The safety and well-being of our employees and community is our primary concern. At this point we cannot take the chance to gamble on lives; it will be apparent if we under react or do too little.
We have been in constant communication with health care professionals, government officials, stakeholders, members and staff throughout this unprecedented event and it has been challenging to navigate. It’s become clear that their isn’t any other option but to close the facilities for the well-being of the community.
We will contact members and pass holders directly by email regarding membership holds and rescheduling of programs.
Please refer to our website and social media for updates.
Thank you for your understanding.
13 March 2020
We are constantly monitoring the situation around COVID-19. As climbers, we all understand that safety is a primary concern. How we manage the threat to the illness is in direct relation to the risk.
Presently we are in full operation and taking the precautions required to minimize the impact of the illness. We are guided by our government and by the medical professionals as they are the leaders in this event. For more information about COVID-19, visit the BC Centre for Disease Control.
We are in our primary phase of this situation and as a result we are “educating”, “cleaning” and “screening”.
The measures we are taking to ensure your safety are as follows:
- We are requesting that every customer that enters our facilities thoroughly washes their hands with soap when they come in as well as when they leave.
- Our staff will be monitoring those who visit the gym and asking those who are showing any sign of illness to kindly come back at another time.
- While climbing, we ask customers to keep their distance from other climbers and to avoid touching their face.
- We are stepping up our cleaning efforts by ensuring that frequently-used surfaces are targeted with disinfectant on a regular basis throughout the day.
It’s going to take the effort of the entire community to manage this situation. So we ask that you assess your well-being before coming to the gym, respect and encourage others to follow the simple steps listed above, and be patient with our staff if they are asking you questions specific to the virus.
We value your feedback on this evolving situation – please share your feedback here. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you in the gym.
Be responsible, be safe, and have fun!!