*Position Starts Early September 2021, possible training through-out the summer
Job Title – Route Setter (Coquitlam Location)
The Route Setter is responsible for creating inspiring routes and boulders! Not only are you a hard worker, but you are also dedicated, passionate, safety conscience, and love what you do! Applicants should be willing to take on challenges, be open to learning new skills and be an amazing team player.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend all pre-determined setting days. Currently Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 7am-3pm
- Arrive ready and willing to work hard; go above and beyond.
- Must be ready and willing to work within a team setting
- Contributes by demonstrating a positive nature and philosophy of teamwork to reach a common goal
- Adhere to the guidance and suggestions from the head setter
- Implement a self-care routine so that you can stay healthy
- Keep up fitness level to meet the demand of setting 3 days per week
Qualifications Required *please still apply if you do not have the following yet
- ACMG CGI 1
- Emergency First Aid
- Must be comfortable working at height on ropes and ladders.
- Physically demanding work. Must be able to lift 50lbs and climb up to 12+ moves on routes and boulders
- Applicant is to be physically fit and able to demonstrate climbing at a 12-/V5 Onsight level
- Must have at least 1 year of indoor route setting and/or boulder setting experience. *please still apply if you have only set bouldering previously. Training will be provided for setting routes
- Extensive indoor and outdoor rock-climbing knowledge and experience
- Ability to create exciting commercial friendly routes and problems week to week
Cover Letters and Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org